Learn and advance your First Aid and CPR skills
This unit is nationally accredited and is ideal for support workers, carers and allied health professionals working in the community services industry.
Learn the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) in a community services setting.
Why study with breakthru?
As experts in the community services industry, we’ll teach you how to safely deliver first aid and CPR in a range of different settings. We can also teach you how to adapt your approach to first aid for people with disability and the elderly.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Online and Classroom
Total Number of Units
Individual prices vary by region. Group discounts are also available. Please contact us for more information.
During the course, you will learn:
- how to recognise an emergency situation and the need for first aid response.
- how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- how to operate first aid equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- how to apply first aid procedures, including allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, fractures, sprains and strains, respiratory distress including asthma and shock.
- how to report details of incidents and maintain the confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies.
- how to evaluate the incident and own performance.
Blended Online & Classroom Delivery
Students must study first aid theory and successfully complete an online quiz prior to in-class training. If this is not complete, students will not be able to attend the classroom practical training, where they will learn how to apply first aid and CPR in a real-world setting.
Weekdays and weekends are available depending on class size and preference. Please contact us to discuss your training needs.